[OT] What pray tell ?

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 23:45:54 -0500

At 6:26 PM +0100 1/21/03, Richard Brekne wrote:
>Actually.. the humour herein... is more.... whats the right english word...
>ironic ?? So pianotech is just a playground now ... is that it ? Temperament
>debates... Political and religious fights.... whatever else ....
>same'ol same'ol
>?

It's Reality TV (or more likely, reality e-community). The Jerry
Springer Show for piano tuners. Live shows, nightly! It will be these
and more. But we need to strain it.

I like Rich's three classes of contributions:

At 9:01 AM +0100 1/21/03, Richard Brekne wrote:
>1. The occasional Religious or Political bouts ?
>2. The tendancy to get all hot an bothered over dissagreements in general ?
>3. All the mindless gibberish, one liners, amens, and side swipes at each
>other that daily go on ?

I think that each of us should survey our postings since the new
year, and see how each of them sorts out into these three categories.
Of my 53:

On-Topic Posts 			31
	(what we're supposed to be..)
1.) Religiolitics    			(none)
2.) Moments of contest and intemperance   3
3.) Drivel & Noise       		19

It's good to look in the mirror. Has anyone else tried this. I think
this is how the list will be self-edited.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"The truth is inside you, Don Octavio. I cannot help you find that."
     ...........The mother of a delusional patient to his psychiatrist
in "Don Juan DeMarco"