close enough>??

Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:36:49 +0100

Ed..

You wont get any arguement from me if you are postulating that many techs are
capable of a first pass that is good enough to fly. Regardless of how you
evalueate it. Sure there is the practical side of things, and sure we need to be
good enough at quick enough to handle the 50 minute deadline and come out looking
decent enough.

That being said, I dont really see how this directly relates to the discussion at
hand. Unless you are saying that 1 cent is close enough for every situation. If
you are saying that I would have to disagree. There are plenty of situations
where only the best you can do is close enough. Even if you are a pure ETD
tuner... a second pass will always yeild significant improvements. Perhaps these
are not always apropriate as you say... but then when they are... well... they
are :)

RicB

--
Richard Brekne