Aural vs. electronic again

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:19:40 +0100

Hello,

With the VT100, (and if the last night was good), I sometime can tune
a spinet or same kind without a mute since I am in the 5 the octave -
possible in the extreme treble and in the bass too, I use a finger to
stop the attack of a string and focus better on the remaining, good
exercise to focus on the whole tone too (by opposition to focus on
partial matches).

Floor tunings for the // bass : finger tuning, listen to the beat rate
in the octave with a finger on the left bass string (hello finger
marks !), then tune a similar beat rate between the 2 strings, the
tune the bass unison.

Regards

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.