Samick pedal problem/thanks, Roger

Tvak@aol.com Tvak@aol.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:40:12 EST

Thanks to all who answered my recent query regarding a wobbly Samick pedal.
Even though the advice I got specifically didn't help me with the problem (It
turned out that the pedal itself was damaged by a heavy pedaller; the holes
that the pin was in were worn and enlarged thus making the pedal wobble.) it
is such a luxury to be able to consult those with more experience before
going into the fray.  I feel more prepared to deal with the situation and it
gave me specific things to look for.

And, Roger, you were right about the stripped Phillips screws.  Several were
nearly stripped already so bringing the extra screwdriver tips really paid
off, because the ones in my kit did not fit the heads and I might have
stripped them further.

So thanks to Roger and all who participate in this forum whereby someone like
me can gain access to information which helps me be a better technician and
provide a better service to my clientele.

I do appreciate it.

Tom S

P.S.
Just got back from a weekend away and had to chuckle as I found all the
capitalized rant-posts and deleted them in one keystroke!  It was quiet in
the room, and I couldn't help but notice that the key made a soft, little,
insignificant sound (...thump...) as I hit it.