Aural vs. electronic again, was "Re: Another newbie question"

Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:17:02 +0100

Terry, tho I belive I am very much behind what your point is (as I think I understand it), I find the comment more aggreeable then not. Again... this does not bring into question the value that ETD's actually have. More likely it refuses to overstate their value. "First pass" for many tuners means taking the tuning very very close to the point the ETD checks out. From that point on only the ear can be usefull because only the ear can
make value judgements.

I also liked very very much  the "message"  our self declared newbie feels he has recieved. Tuning is ultimately an aural activity,  just as listening is an aural activity.  Gina Carter had a nice take on this a couple years back.

RicB