The Hole Truth.....And.....

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 20:04:07 -0800

Ron,
It's nice, but a bit cumbersome to use compared to the two (2) pocket charts
I get from "Starrett". One is "Decimal Equivalents and Tap Drill Sizes". The
other is entitled "Metric Tools". The price is "right" there, too! Just get
them from your local Starrett Dealer.
I also have chart on my shop wall that gives, exclusively, screw "shank" and
"pilot" drill sizes for wood screws, bolts, nuts, sheet metal screws,
washers, etc. That one I think I got from a "Handyman book Club", years ago.
I supplimented it, further with additional info from Ferrier's woodworking
book, which is an excellent source for woodworkers, etc.
All these things, I call my "cheaters", as they sure make work go quicker
and easier.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)