off list-private was news flash

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 16:17:31 -0600

>Dale,
>
>I'm not sure you screwed up.  I sent someone an email after making sure (I
>thought) that the pianotech address wasn't there.  Yet my email showed up
>on the list.  What gives?
>
>Regards,
>Clyde

For a while now, I've noticed that just hitting "reply" to some (but not
all) list messages puts something like

cedel@supernet.com, Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>

on the "To:" line, like I see on this message. A couple of times, I almost
sent what I intended to be a private reply to the list because I didn't
notice the second entry until I double checked. This didn't used to happen,
and I don't know who's configuration (sender, receiver, or server) is
responsible for the change, so I don't know what else to do about it except
try to remember to verify the address before sending. In any case, that
might be why this is happening more often lately. I'd like to be able to
fix this, just because it's an unnecessary duplication and waste of
bandwidth, but haven't found anything in my configuration to account for
it. Not that it isn't here, I just haven't found it.

Ron N