Action Ratio, was: More off the wall stuff

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 16:13:43 +0100

Dear Richard,

Do you mean distance leverage and force leverage are suppose to change
the same at the same time ?

and that the only difference that we can find between the 2 is induced
by friction change or mass distribution change ?

Confusion is that lever laws apply to levers (fixed lengths) and  tell
us about force direction.

The lever's lengths is changing at the whippen/capstan, depending of
the configuration.

The contact line between the parts in the piano  action is a tangent
following a path, the leverage is changing accordingly of the change
of the lever's length during the travel.

Indeed David's method of measuring is not totally static, as geometry
method is, because it takes in account the result of these different
levers, that is what I wanted to say.

That is how I understand it anyway, does not mean we can't use any of
the above methods...

Let's take a piano key, for instance, a very slight change in it's
attack angle change its leverage enough to be noticed by a change in
DW even if the leverage is only better at the beginning at the stroke.

Cheers yourself , and take care of the !!!!!!!

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.

PianoTech
17 rue de Choisy