A thousand Pardons

Sun, 19 Jan 2003 14:11:35 +0100

List

I was under the impression that grown up humans could take a simple joke
and leave it at that, or at the very least air any beef one has with a
private person in private.

I suppose I should have not posted that last Joke. Not so much because
it was or wasnt humorous to whom ever, but because obviously too many
simply cant handle a joke.

Odd too when it comes to it, as joking around seems to be one of the
favorite pastimes of every major contributor to this list.  About the
only truely nocturn contributers are those who only post rarely, and
they are always on topic. The Don Maninos and Horace Greelys and some
others.

Unfortunatly... this amount of public people bashing ( and it has by no
means been exclusive to the topic of politics throught my time here) has
caused several valued minds to leave our group. And more will follow. If
that is what is desired.... then these continuing blowouts over
basically nothing will do the trick.

Is that what we want ?

For my part.... well you all know where I stand. I can go along with
strictly on topic stuff... but I see no point in not being social as
long as thats what everyone else is doing.   Still, as I have said on a
many an occasion in the context of many a topic.... there is no reason
to take discussions into the personal areana... and every reason not to.

Anyways... the Thousand Pardons bit is for not understanding how
incapable so many seem to be of not doing just that. I still dont
understand it... but I suppose I can recognize it.

Cheers

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.