Action Ratio, was: More off the wall stuff

Sun, 19 Jan 2003 13:45:10 +0100

Where does all this mystery come from  ?

Davids formula is just another way of applying the law of leverages. Its
easy enough to factor out the weight components of the equation and
arrive at a more simple and straightforward equality for the action
ratio. This is, and can never be anything else then the product of the
ratios of the three levers.

There has to be consistancy between weight, distance, and speed in a
levers ratio. Whatever the ratio of any given lever is, its has the same
effect on these three. This is basic to the law of levers.

Any ratio that results in something else has simply got to be a measure
of something else. Could be a valuable something else in another
context, but just so..

Cheers

RicB

--