Another newbie question

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 23:26:21 -0500 (EST)

From: gordon stelter <lclgcnp@yahoo.com>
>     I hope this was meant as a joke.
>
>--- Charles Neuman <piano@charlesneuman.net> wrote:
>> Next question: Do you really need a "tuning hammer"
>> or can you just use a regular hammer?...

Yes, I was joking. :)

Someone suggested I reintroduce myself to the list, which maybe is a good
idea at this point. I'm an Associate Member of the PTG in the Long Island
- Nassau Chapter, and I regularly attend chapter meetings. I'm nearing the
end of the Randy Potter course. I have a "day job", but have already done
some piano-tech-related work for pay. I am very cautious about only doing
things I know I can do well, and I have referred work to other people in
some cases. I went to the Annual Convention and attended as many hands-on
classes as I could, and learned so much that I'm still catching up from it
all.

I have been fascinated by non-equal temperaments, and I learned quite a
bit from this list. I hit sort of a limit, though, where I have plenty of
book knowledge, but I really need to get my tuning skills up to par so I
can try some of these out.

Charles Neuman