My Public Confession

Carman Gentile cgpiano@humboldt1.com
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:08:41 -0800

This is in response to Mike Spalding's tactful posting on Thu, 16 Jan 2003
07:57:34 -0600 .

   Yes, I confess to shamelessly promoting the February State Conference in
sunny California, the one that is advertised on page 37 of the January
Journal.  However, I need to correct any unnecessary concerns expressed
about "those of us who live out of range" .  The Conference is open to
EVERYONE and the $79.00 room rate puts it in range of most budgets.  Also,
I regret any impression that my promotional postings are comparable to SPAM
(indeed), and frankly I think they contributed more to this list than some
of the frivolous banter and repartee we have to wade through.

   Nevertheless,  I hereby promise that my future postings to this august
list will continue to include practical advice on the service of pianos.

   For example, I draw your attention to an excellent labor-saving device I
submitted to the PTG Journal in April 1994, page 17.  I have invented (and
discarded) may innovations over the years, but my "regulating mirror for
uprights" has stood the test of time and I encourage you, my colleagues, to
copy or adapt the idea as you see fit.

Carman Gentile RPT
2003 CA Conference Institute Director