Honky Tonk attachment

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:05:02 -0800 (PST)

"Mandolin Rails"---the proper term for the devices
that swing little metal clips between the hammers and
strings, NEVER had them in the bass area. Not 100
years ago. Not 80 years ago.  Never.  So don't worry.
But Joplin took his music pretty seriously, and wanted
it played slowly and "classically"  so overuse of said
device may cause a rumbling under your feet: not an
earthquake, just Joplin bouncing around in his
grave-wherever that is.
     Thump
P.S. You might get a better mandoilin rail from Durrel
Armstrong at the Player Piano Company in Wichita.( Or
maybe just the Schaff rail at higher cost.) I'd
investigate.