newbie question: stocking strings

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 22:04:42 -0500 (EST)

Joe: "I am dismayed at your basic attitude... Where is your pride?"
Bill Ballard: "This is a serious business, not one to enter sideways."

Sheesh, y'all, you don't need to go and get all bent (and kinked) out of
shape (pun forced and intended).

Let me put it this way: If I were going to go ahead and really not care
what I was doing, do you think I would have asked the list first? I asked
a question that I knew the "correct" answer to, and I was checking to make
sure that was the "norm". It was a reality check.

There have been times where I have asked a basic question and have gotten
surprising answers. If I didn't ask the question, I wouldn't have gotten
the answers.

I put the word "newbie" in the subject so that some of the more
heavy-handed responders would ignore it. Maybe I'll try "OT" next time. :)

Anyway, thanks again to those who gave some helpful advice and hints. You
gave me some ideas I wouldn't have gotten had I not spoken up with my
question.

Charles Neuman