Are we wasting our time?

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:44:56 -0600

Wim, John,

At 09:29 1/16/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 1/15/03 4:12:36 PM Central Standard Time,
>jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca writes:
>
>>I am nearing the end of my "January tunings", at the Music School, in
>>a local University. (Small, 35 pianos).........
>>John M. Ross
>
>I tune the practice room pianos because the pianos need it, not because
>the students might hear the difference. At the same time, however, if we
>give them in tune pianos to play on, maybe they'll learn to tell the
>difference.
>Wim

Yes, Wim, they will learn, whether they want to or not.

You get 'em used to pianos which are maintained and they get spoiled.

Caveat: - stand by for tooting my own horn -
I've had students come back for homecoming, etc. and tell me that when they
got to grad school (or their school district) they realised how good they'd
had it here. They say things like,  "Would you please come to xxx
university and tune some practice rooms..."

Now back to my 95 pianos..............

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076(Dept.office)

- People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public. -Bryan White