Renner Back Action

Wed, 15 Jan 2003 16:59:05 -0800

I would estimate it at 8 hours plus parts (cost is approx $450.).  Keep in
mind that the job should be billed differently as part of a rebuild versus
going to someone's house, removing the dampers, back action, taking it back
to the shop to duplicate and returning to install it on site.

David Love

----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: January 15, 2003 4:19 PM
Subject: Renner Back Action

I'm looking for two numbers. I need to zip (fast) out a rebuild proposal on
a 1973 Steinway L. Did the Teflon disease progress to the back actions? I
have never put in a new Renner Back Action. I know there was a good guide
presented in recent Journal articles, which I will be reviewing. What is the
cost of the Renner Back Action? And about how many hours can be anticipated
by an experienced tech (not that that has anything to do with me, but it is
useful for calculating fees) to install the Renner Back Action.

Thanks.

Terry Farrell