My mistake.....my lesson....a cautionary tale

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:13:34 -0800 (PST)

Yes, the washer repairman is a skilled artisan, but
he/she can also be as disheveled and abhorrent to have
in one's house as the most slovenly plumber! I have
worked at shops where $60,000 pianos were delivered by
"moovers" who used pads that stunk like King Kong's
shorts!!! Literally slept in the night before by
reeking, filthy derelicts who were allowed to sleep in
the back of the van, and provide cheap help!!!  With
standards of hygiene and respect on a freefall in this
"culture", its little wonder that lady wanted a
crated, new piano sent to her house!
     I try to ascertain the level of filth in a
customer's house prior to arrival. Is it an old piano?
Do you have indoor pets, etc.. I have separate tools
for new grands on church alters and mouse-infested old
uprights. Separate service call trucks, too! And I
have pulled into driveways and smelled the house from
my car 30- feet away and just kept on
     Thump