pilot hole sizes

Paul Chick (EarthLink) tune4@earthlink.net
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 08:02:51 -0600

List Readers:
Does anyone know the pilot hole sizes for center pins and bridge pins for a
good press fit?  There was a post stating that a .002" press fit for these
pins was their target.  I checked the the list of drill sizes in the MSC
Industrial Supply Co. catalog.  The bridge pins were easy, but not the
center pins.  I'm looking for a set of drills and/or reamers to size the
press fit hole for center pins.  What wire gage system is used for these
pins?  What is your practice for sizing?  Is there a set of reamers other
than the felt reamers for this job?  Is .002" too much?

Paul Chick