Hammer Ratio

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 07:06:57 -0500

Comments below:

Terry Farrell
 =20
----- Original Message -----=20
From: "Richard Brekne" <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 3:40 AM
Subject: Re: Hammer Ratio

> Hammer ratio.... Hammer shank ratio....
>=20
> What range of things could I possibly be talking about here eh ???

That was the question.
=20
> The hammer / shank / hammershankassembly.... it constitutes a lever =
and a
> load... or just a lever depending on your point of view... ( I take =
the
> former and not the latter).  One with two ends and a fulcrum... class =
three
> lever .... force applied between the load and fulcrum.....

I believe David and others are asking (as am I) exactly a ratio of what =
measurement to what measurement. Hammer weight to shank weight? Hammer =
length to shank length? Are you speaking of the standard Center Pin to =
Knuckle Core and Center Pin to Hammer Center? If so, are both these =
measurements taken along the same line? Or are you measuring from Center =
Pin to Knuckle contact point and Center Pin to Hammer tip or somesuch. =
Maybe this is a Stanwood-type weight thing?
=20
> Hammer shank ratio.

Last chance. What is it?
=20