weird "threaded" tuning pin

Maxpiano@aol.com Maxpiano@aol.com
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 21:45:39 EST

I have successfully used thin (red label) CA on a Broadwood with the plate
threaded to the tuning pins. --without turning the piano over.  First, I had
to remove the cloth punching under the tuning pin coil, as it would wick up
the CA rather than letting it through.  I can't remember whether I made more
than one pass over the pins with the CA.  I was warned NOT to use
accelerator.  I've been back twice to tune the piano, and it is holding well.
 Time will tell whether this is just a band-aid treatment.

Bill Maxim, RPT
Maxim Piano Service
Columbia, SC
wmaxim@aol.com (for personal reply)