Ivory Keys banned?

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 10:33:23 -0700

>Hello,
I believe the operative year is 1978....no ivory can be shipped into this
country unless you can prove, via a document, that it was "harvested"
well before that date.  I have shipped ivory-key pianos in from Europe to
the US with a license several times. There are also ivory suppliers that
will sell and install ivory keytops....for a very high price.
David Andersen