regular tool tools

tune4u@earthlink.net tune4u@earthlink.net
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 18:09:13 -0600

Don't know about your tool kit, but regulating tools brought these =
thoughts to mind:

1. I wish someone still made the regulating pliers that used to work so =
well on wooden capstans: Schaff p.49, top left. I tried to order one and =
was told they don't have them anymore.

2. I've thought it would be useful to have a long strip of magnetic =
plastic (like refrigerator magnets have) 1/8 inch thick (or whatever) =
and 1/2 in wide to place across the strings for setting let-off.

3. How about damper spoon benders with a seeing-eye dog built in? Not as =
silly as it sounds, it could be done with a fiber optic light and camera =
.... might be a trifle pricey, though! I'll see if my local brain =
surgeon has any spare equipment. Or as Igor said to Dr. Frankenstein, =
"Master, if you had half a brain you'd be finished with that by now."

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO

P.S. I found your subject line somewhat ... odd: "regular tool tools." =
Now, "irregular tool tools" is an expression I can understand. {Smile =
when you say that.)

  ----- Original Message -----=20