Elvis's former piano sells for $7,800 a key!

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:56:02 -0800

Hey... I've moved this piano!  It was here in Las Vegas about two years ago
at Bally's for an Elvis auction.  Alan Meyer and I moved the it from a room
where it was displayed with other Elvis stuff to a show room where it was to
be played during a dinner and a show prior to it's sale.  After moving Alan
tuned it.  The thing is an absolute dog and needs to be rebuilt.  found a
piece of paper and a pencil and made a rubbing of the serial number, (I
think it was stamped on the front of the keybed).  I'm not even sure what I
did with it now but I scanned and posted the picture on the list so it's
probably in the archives somewhere.  There is no way this thing is worth
that much money.  It is "Elvis's piano", (big deal who cares), and that's
all.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV

Subject: Elvis's former piano sells for $7,800 a key!