warped keys

Richard Wagner rjwag@pacifier.com
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 18:55:34 -0800 (PST)

You'll need a bench vise, and old iron, and a large "C" clamp or something
else weighty.

Wrap a damp rag around the warped area, and hold the hot iron on it
to steam the area well.

Remove the rag and clamp the key in the bench vise so that the tail end of
the key is protruding out beyond the bench.

Finally attach the big "C" clamp with its long end positioned so as to
twist the key back in the direction you want.  If you don't have a heavy
enough "C" clamp to get the job done, attach something to whatever you do
have to add more weight.
to give it more

Be careful.  Keep an eye on it and don't over do it because it "does"
work.

Thanks to my mentor, Joe Garrett, for showing me this tip and many more
quite a few years ago.

Richard Wagner RPT