Hamburg A

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 07:45:17 -0700

>                 Hey
>                 Has any body out there had the oppurtunity to play one of
>these German   model A? I've played two of the Os less than 5 years old.
>Unbelievalbe piano. The sound so big and fat I thought it was an A!! 45 k
>and
>I think worth it. The Germans are doing something right.
>"            Dale Erwin

Yes.....I've been to London Steinway Hall a number of times in the past
20 years to select pianos for clients; the A's are fantastic.  I usually
like American short A's (6'1"-6'2 1/2") much better than the scale
Hamburg uses (6'4") but you're right.  Those pesky Germans are definitely
doing something right.
Sometime I'll tell you the story about the German-American hybrid concert
grand they made in 1979-80.

David A.