tuning the treble aurally

Thu, 09 Jan 2003 09:18:51 +0100

Resolution.... clarity ?? degree of clearness ??

Ron was refering to all the muggles in the sound picture that cloud our
aural view as it were, and some pianos are worse then others I am sure
you will aggree.

The trick is to quickly identify the degree of clarity any given
instrument has, and get a good feel for not trying to force the
instrument to sound and cleaner (at least not with the tuning hammer)
then it is capable of. Tune the thing and get it done. Dont spend all
the time in the world trying to tweek out this or that falsness, unless
you have the right set of tools in front of you. Most of the time, the
tuning hammer is not the tool for getting rid of falsness.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.