Steinway B Scaling

Wed, 8 Jan 2003 00:36:33 -0800

What do you think he means by "more of a Yamaha characteristic sound"?

David Love

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Brekne" <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>
To: "PTG" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: January 08, 2003 12:15 AM
Subject: Steinway B Scaling

List

Just had an interesting request from a Steiway B owner. In essence, he
wants to know if it is possible to rescale the bass so that the
instrument takes on more of a Yamaha characteristic sound for that
register.

I have'nt dabbled much in rescaling, and while I have listened to
discussions about how rescaling can make a piano "sound better" I am not
sure this kind of sound alteration is what is being refered to.

Anyone got any good advice for me to give this fellow ?

Cheers

RicB

--
Richard Brekne