Kimball Whitney

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 07:44:22 -0500

Avery,

I suspect that what we see or don't see depends a lot on what dealers sold in
our local area.  In this case I'm talking about pianos with Whitney being the
name on the fallboard.  I tune three baby grands made in 1935, 1936 and 1941,
all very entry level, and a 1934 studio, which appears to have been pretty
decent in its day.

I can't tell what the two consoles look like by referring to my notes.  One was
made in 1935, no doubt a true console, and the other in 1963.  This latter one
might be considered a spinet by some, possibly had a console action sitting on
top of dogleg keys, but like I said, I'm not sure.

Regards,
Clyde