Expensive M

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 20:44:43 -0500

Thought some of you might enjoy this. I found the ad on Pianomart.com. The poor guy must have been reading that marketing brochure frequently over the past 35 years (I wonder if "diaframatic" is misspelled on the brochure also!).

Terry Farrell

Manufacturer: Steinway & Sons
Model: M, Louis XV
Year: 1967
Size: 5'7"
Finish: Satin
Price: $125,000

Comments/Description
Truly a rare find. Custom built by the original Steinway & Sons with Accelerated Action, Permafree action, Hexagrip pinblock, Diaframatic Soundboard. Superb tone. In Fruitwood with magnificent hand-carved design and matching bench. Professionaly tuned,in showroom condition. Must be seen and heard for full appreciation. (Original owner)

Ouch! "Maybel, maybe we should look at that Kimball/Whitney spinet again".