Kimball Whitney

SUSAN P SWEARINGEN ssclabr8@flash.net
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 05:39:45 -0600

Thanks to everyone who gave replies on the Kimball Whitney.  It's great =
to be able to plug in to such a great knowledge base!

Corte
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2003 9:38 PM
  Subject: Re: Kimball Whitney

  In a message dated 1/5/03 4:57:43 PM !!!First Boot!!!, =
ssclabr8@flash.net writes:

    Any opinions on the quality of Kimball Whitney pianos?  Is it a =
spinet??
     =20
    A customer of mine is looking at buying one for about $500 and asked =
me but I've never tuned one.
     =20
    Thanks in advance for your responses.
     =20
    Corte Swearingen

  Corte

  I need to counter some of the negative comments about the Whitney =
spinet. No, it is not the best instrument in the world. But I owned =
quite a few of these instruments when I had my rental program, and I =
thought they were worth every bit the price I paid for them, (usually in =
the $250 - $400 range). I would sell them for about $900 -- $1200. (of =
course that included delivery and a free tuning). =20

  It is an entry level piano, and $500 is an OK price if the piano is in =
tune, and has been maintained.=20

  Wim