Touchweight Question

Sun, 5 Jan 2003 19:17:15 -0800

Part 2 of my response.

If you are going to consider replacing the wippens, I think you will have to
go to a Tokiwa universal.  They come with different size heels which you can
play with to get the magic line in order.

David Love

----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: January 05, 2003 6:39 PM
Subject: Touchweight Question

1902 Knabe grand. Average of 15 keys - DW = 53g, UW = 20g, F = 16.6g, KR =
0.53, WW = 16g, KC = 16.7, R = 6.0, SW = medium to medium high. Too much
friction in action, OK. Everything else looks OK. BUT magic lines are all
out of whack (capstan is way high, and knuckle contact is way low), and bass
keys have six leads in them (YES, THAT'S RIGHT, SIX LEADS IN EACH KEY!!!!).
I know something has got to change here. I'm ready to go fishin' with new
parts. Any great suggestions on where to start? (Constructive, please.)

Terry Farrell