Kimball Whitney

J Patrick Draine draine@attbi.com
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 15:39:44 -0800

On Sunday, January 5, 2003, at 12:09  PM, Robert Goodale wrote:

> The company is still around but they make only make furniture
> exclusively.

Good point, but then if we wander around a few retail furniture stores,
perhaps the "furniture value" of  an unplayable (shot pinblock, seized
up or even missing action, for example) attractive Acrosonic (or even
the "heirloom quality furniture" Kohler & Campbell) is actually
considerably higher than "honest piano technicians" are willing to
contemplate (I get a headache when I see the hand scrawled sign "We Buy
and Sell Used Pianos" in the window of a nearby antique store).

Curmudgeonly Yours,
Patrick Draine

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available