A Bold Move

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 07:34:54 -0500

At 11:57 AM 1/4/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Nice work John
>Are you doing these strictly with ETD, or are you learning aural checks
>to execute the temperaments as well ? I ask for my own attempts in
>learning and exploring these.
>Cheers  RicB

Totally ETD, tuning by numbers.  I've scrutinized the ET temperament so
many times
that I now trust the accuracy of the Verituner.  I do check the octaves.

With the limited time allotment and action tweaking, scrutinizing this
number of
temperaments is not a priority.  I would first have to hunt the directions
down.

I never believed an ETD would be so useful. Not only with reducing the decibel
level attacking my ears but it is particularly useful with false beats in
unisons.
Ever get the unison which defies tuning? By tuning each string with the machine
on these unisons you can get as good as it can get. There have been a few times
where I decided that the strings needed to be a little out of phase to
sound best.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.