Altenburg/Samick Grand action problems

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@attbi.com
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 19:24:50 -0500

Mike

            Aside from the run as fast as you can plan, I would call the
manufacturer. Samick first then Altenburg if Samick directs you. The
warranty is a manufacturers warranty NOT a dealer's warranty. This is
kind of an end run but in cases like this I've received authorization
from a manufacturer to repair the piano.

           What is not clear in this case is who will accept " ownership
" as the manufacturer.

            You can be your customers advocate without a war with this
dealer, and as such be offering a solution to the client that insulates
you from a contentious problem.

 In my opinion the dealer should have contacted the manufacturer ,
Instead of turning their back on the customer and the technician, but in
any case you can rise above all this ,get the piano fixed ,get paid and
have a customer for life. I like to call from the piano in the customers
presence and often get the go ahead immediately.

          Present a reasonable price to the Tech. Representative and in
most cases they will gladly have you solve this problem for them and the
client.

            Tom Driscoll RPT