First puzzle of the new year

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Wed, 01 Jan 2003 10:18:04 -0400

Because you don't have the assist of the damper springs, in the return.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Phil Ryan
  To: Pianotech
  Sent: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 10:12 AM
  Subject: First puzzle of the new year

  I repaired a rather new Petrof uprignt yesterday that had keys sticking down.  After easing a number of the key bushings, all the keys were working smoothly once again until I pressed the damper pedal and all of a sudden I had a bunch of different keys sticking down again.  I eased them and problem solved.  My question is: why should pressing the damper pedal have any effect on sticking keys?

  Phil Ryan