Drying pinblock before stringing

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:51:03 +0100

Not to fret Cy

You are not the only one to be confused by this. Personally, I could swear that
pins get looser in the pinblock during the dry season.... and this contradicts
Kens information. But I will be the first to admit that I have never actually
gone and put a torque wrench on tuning pins season in and season out, year in
and year out to make sure.

All that being said... it would seem to me that the 32 % RH  figure that our
tail banging associate waggled around a day or so ago would seem reasonable
enough one way or the other. Its on the low end of what is reasonably acceptable
variance in RH anyways. Heck.. if all piano room climates never fell below 30%
RH and never exceed 60 % ...... :) .... but things dont usually work out that
stable.

RicB