Piano Naming, was: Moving Damper Guide Rails

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:27:02 +0100

Farrell wrote:

> > The thing that bothers me about all this is how a thing is in the end
> > represented. I believe it should be represented truthfully... and with
> > pride.
>
> Well, let's agree on that one. I do. Now what to do about it.
>
> I have three pianos in my shop right now that  are getting a complete redo and re-orientation, a M&H, a Baldwin, and a Knabe. What will we end up with? A M&H&F? A Barrell? A Faldwin? A Baldwin-Farrell? A Farrabe? A Knabe-Farrell? And where do I get stickers made? No, don't think I could deface the piano in that manner.

Me neither...

If it was me... I would devise my own sticker... logo.. and attach it at some appropriate place. Heck... dealers do this all the time. Why make it difficult ?  A nice little brass inlay or stick on that says... "Farrell" ... or "Rebuilt by Farrell" or "Farrell Re-engineered"... or whatever you like. Perhaps just above one of the cheek blocks on the fall board...

Stickers are available... just make your logo and getem made. Simple !

RicB

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.