Vertical backcheck noise?

JCSwafford@aol.com JCSwafford@aol.com
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 23:48:11 EST

In a message dated 2/27/03 9:22:42 PM Central Standard Time,
dahechler@charter.net writes:

> [...]

Hi,

I'll list 4 things that might have been overlooked that I've encountered on
vertical pianos that may haven't been mentioned yet. Some very obvious (don't
mean to insult your intelligence:))

1. Action screws loose
2. Screws to let-off rail posts are loose
3. Let-off posts in the action frame rail are loose
4. Backcheck wires are hitting let-off rail

I've been servicing school pianos for over 20 years and have yet to encounter
the problem you describe, however this is always a first.

Joel Swafford