Andy-read this......

Andy Rudoff andy@rudoff.com
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:21:57 -0700 (MST)

>    Andy, when I respond to "Experts" questions, quite often (3 times
>today) my reply will come back as undeliverable.  How does this happen?
>Does anyone else experience the same thing?  I guess the questionner will
>never get their answer if the reply message doesn't get back to them.
>I don't try to put their address in the "To" line, I just punch "Reply".
>What gives??

The reason is that most people send questions to the experts list
using a form on a web page.  The form has a blank where they type
in their email address.  If they type it wrong, the message still
goes to the experts list just fine, but there's no way to construct
the correct return address because we simply don't have the information.

So why do you see so many incorrect addresses?  Well, people are just
lousy typists!  We could make the form a little smarter, catching
common mistakes (like embedded spaces, or no at-sign in the address),
but we'll always get some of them entered incorrectly.

-andy