Vertical backcheck noise?

Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:57:37 -0500

Hi Clyde -

I would first make certain that the noise you are hearing is not the
backstop loose in the butt.  This is not uncommon in winters around here.
 You can get the nearly the exact same 'click' from the backstop dowel
being loose in the butt as you get with the jack whacking against a butt
with no felt to silence the contact.

Worth checking, anyway...

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com