Moving damper guide rail

Nelson. Gene (PWA) nelsong@SacCounty.NET
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 07:44:34 -0800

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2DE77.20664634
Hi Chuck,

As an alternative:

If there are only a few damper wires that buzz on the strings you may
consider removing the bushings of the offenders, plugging the holes with a
dowell and redrilling so the holes are correctly aligned. Mazzaglia Tools
http://www.geocities.com/mazzaglia_tools/
<http://www.geocities.com/mazzaglia_tools/>  has a nice tool to help locate
the new hole where you want it.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
From: Christus4@aol.com [mailto:Christus4@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 05:16
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Moving damper guide rail

Hi guys,
If anyone has an idea of how much time might be involved with the actual job
of moving the guide rail 2mm or so to the left and then regulating the
dampers again from scratch, I'd appreciate it.
(Didn't mean to start a discourse on irregular manufacturing processes,
although that information is also interesting and informative. :>)
As always, I appreciate the combined wisdom of the collective.
Thanks,
Chuck

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2DE77.20664634
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...