ShopSmith Band Saw

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:12:44 -0600

At 08:53 2/26/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>The ShopSmith Band Saw is probably one of the worst band saws I've ever
>used. Don't recommend it to anyone. A Delt/Rockwell is pretty good if you
>take the time to really "tweak" it. Also, there are many "add-ons" for it as
>well. For the cost of the ShopSmith you could buy a real band saw, IMO
>Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

20+ years ago I had little room and even less $$. it's made a lot of piano
sawdust as well as a house full of oak trim
(windows/doors/baseboard/capital) with it's sawing/disc
sanding/molding/drill press and horizontal boring.

it doesn't owe me a cent,  but i do know it's limitations and I'm not about
to get a new bandsaw just to filet one pinplank.

Conrad Hoffsommer PTG RPT, MPT, CCT
Decorah, IA

Certified Calibration Technician (CCT) for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems