Something to appreciate about our profession

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:50:37 EST

In a message dated 2/26/03 9:07:44 AM Central Standard Time,
Piannaman@aol.com writes:

> Listers,
>
> While attending the PTG Conference in San Ramon, CA,(my first conference)
> something stood out in my eyes.  At 50, I am still relatively young in this
> business.  Those who are older are not cast out like they are in so much of
> the high-tech industry in my neighborhood.  People with age and wisdom are
> venerated and treated with respect, appreciated for the knowledge they have
> and are willing and eager to share with those eager to learn.
>
> Nice to have work that doesn't give me the willies when I think about
> getting older!
>
> Thanks for all the wisdom available on this list on a daily basis,
>
> Dave Stahl

Dave

As you are learning from those who have been in the business for along time,
when you get to that stage, it will be you to whom the younger generation
will look to for advice and wisdom. That is the whole philosophy of the PTG.
You learn, and then you teach. We pass along our knowledge so that we all
become better at our profession.

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully we'll see you at the Convention in Dallas.

Wim Blees
(PTG member for 25 year, but still "young" at 58.)