Tuning pin choice

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:36:22 +0100

I havent tried Denros, but I have tried a German tuning pin that sells here
in europe under the name of "Diamant" which being the german word for
Diamond kinda makes me think they are the same.

Assmuming they are I can only report I have had one experience with this,
and only the nickle plated pins. That experience was pretty negative. In
that set there were 20 - 30 pins that had no hole for the tuning pin, a few
wobbly pins (as in not straight), and a variance in diameter that I would
call pretty unnacceptable. These were 6.90 mm pins and some of them were
closer to being 7,00 mm then they were 6,90. Others were about as far shy
of 6.90.

Perhaps I just got a bad set ??? But then I have used perhaps a 100 sets of
Biene and never had anything like this happen.

RicB