Art case uprights.

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 18:14:15 -0800 (PST)

I once went to assess a pump organ for restoration in
the Catskills. Sitting next to it was, apparently, THE
piano Story and Clark made for an exposition in 1900.
Or a special Centennial model, as it had "1900" in big
script over the keys.
    Even more heavily carved than this pictured one,
in "English Art-Nouveau" style, with a huge oval panel
of marquetry, depicting vase and flowers, all in
mother of pearl and rare woods! The elderly woman saw
me astonished breathless  by it and GAVE it to me!
(Nice lady!) I solds it to a collector in Tacoma in
1978.
     Anybody seen it?
     Thump

--- Richard Brekne <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>