Pinblock Plugs, was: Nice Baldwin Pinblock

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 07:35:50 -0600

At 08:20 2/24/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>In a message dated 24/02/03 8:10:58 AM, hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu writes:
>
><< I _was_ wondering about likelihood of success stacking the plugs...
>  >>

>Why not? Isn't a pinblock just stacked planks?? :-)
>Phil Roger
>_______________

jimrpt,

of course, there is the problem of finding 3/4" pinblock material to cut
them from, since my cutters only have that deep a throat...  bandsaw a
thick block?  uff da!  I don't think so - even my 5/8 blade would wander
trying to do that.

I suppose I could cut as deep as my cutter allows, then pop the plugs out
of the holes with a screwdriver - not very good _or_ consistant, either.

Conrad Hoffsommer PTG RPT, MPT, CCT
Decorah, IA

Certified Calibration Technician (CCT) for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems