Kawai parts

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 23:44:14 -0500

Greetings lists,
         I have recently experienced something most puzzling. I ordered new
damper levers straight from Kawai for a GE-1 played and used heavily by a
"spirited" church. Is that the politically correct term we use today?
Anyway, They were to be replaced because somewhere along the line the leads
in more than a few had fallen out and were missing! The tray blocks and
flanges also needed replacing as well as hammer re-shaping, tail reshaping
and a regulation. Now what puzzles me is two fold, 1) why did the
replacement parts Kawai sent me have most of there leads fallen out in the
zip lock bag by the time they got to me, and 2) why is the "checkering" of
the hammer tails done so aggressively as to gouge the backcheck leather?
The later is not specific to Kawai as I've noticed it on quite a few other
piano. Mostly cheaper brands which I don't often associate Kawai as being
one of. I'm sure many of you have run across leads falling out but have you
ever had the new replacements shipped to you with leads falling out?

Greg Newell
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net