Safety of cleaning dirty pianos

Tom Dickson td_tuner@hotmail.com
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 01:02:10 +0000

Hi, Don,

   I live in the southern part of Saskatchewan.  I see lots of older pianos
from farm homes, etc.

   When we clean these, we use gloves and masks.  As well, we try to exhaust
our vacuum to the outside, rather than have stuff blowing around in the
house.  (That's when we can't take certain parts outside.)

   This Hanta stuff is scary, and I like the idea that an ounce of
prevention is worth a pound of cure.

   Probably your students should have some information about what to look
for and how to handle it.

2 cents
from
Tom