Screws, beautiful screws!

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 10:13:51 -0800

The best supplier for GOOD screws was APSCO. I've heard that Schaff did not
pick up that part of APSCO. Does anyone know the situation with the Screw
Division of APSCO? Their screws were made out of real steel, (instead of
recycled beer cans<G>), and didn't have that darned Zinc Plating that tends
to dull the threads and strip out. They did have phillips, but I have never
felt the need.
Here, in Portland, we have a place called Portland Screw, (keep your puns to
yerself, please<G>). They have a good variety of screws, but the minimum
order is pretty high. (I think it's $100!)
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)