Baldwin F

PetersRPT@aol.com PetersRPT@aol.com
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 22:26:09 EST

Dan and list:
Until recently I thought that the SF10 had accu-just hitch pins and the
suspended plate system, while the F had the traditional hitchpin arrangement.
 However, in the past year I have seen an SF which had the older style
hitchpin setup.  The serial number dated it to 1969.  Apparently, there was a
time when the SF scale was still made with the old plate system.  For some
reason I see quite a few SF's around town, but few F's.    My kids' piano
teacher has an F, but that's the only one that comes to mind.  I think that
it does have tunable duplexes.  Yes, it is a nice piano.

Roy Peters
Cincinnati